cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 6513 chassis software-forced reload

fibernet570
Level 1
Level 1

A Cisco 6513 chassis reloaded while cards were being re-allocated.

Slot 1 originally had a WS-X6548-RJ-45 10/100 card

Slot 2 originally had a WS-X6148V-GE-TX card

We needed to swap the cards around.  Once this occurred, the chassis reloaded with the following:

00:02:13: SP: -------------------------------------------------------------------------
00:02:13: SP: Supervisor Processor crashing due to unrecoverable switching bus stall
00:02:13: SP:  There may be poorly inserted cards on the system
00:02:13: SP:  Please remove all the cards and visual check the backplane connector and
00:02:13: SP:  then reseat card one by one
00:02:13: SP: -------------------------------------------------------------------------

%Software-forced reload

Could the poorly inserted cards mentioned above have anything to do with inserting a WS-X6148V-GE-TX where a WS-X6548-RJ-45 10/100 used to be?

Mn

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mn,

Get a flashlight and check all the pins on the backplane of the switch.  Also check the pins on the back of the modules and make sure they are all straight and no pin is bend.  Sometimes pins get bend in the process of taking out the module and reinserting it

HTH

Reza

Thanks Reza.  I will investigate.

If no pins bent on card or backplane, what else could have reloaded the switch?

mn

Mn,

Since you are just switching modules around, there should not be incompatibility issues.  I would shut down the switch make sure there is not any bend pin on the modules or the backplane, then insert the modules where you want them and then turn on the switch.  If everything is ok, I would keep on eye on the switch for sometimes to see if it behaves normal

HTH

Reza

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card