cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 6800 series switch

kope
Level 1
Level 1

Do anyone know the 6800 provide 9 or 10 slots? I just find it only has 6807 chassis (7 slots only).

Thanks,

Peter

3 Replies 3

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

As of now, 3 chassis sizes have been announced

Catalyst 6807-XL  - A 7 Slot switch with up to 880 G/slot.

Catalyst 6880-X – A 4 slot switch with upto 800 G/slot

Catalyst 6800ia – Non-Modular, stackable Pizza switch

Reagrds

Hope it helps.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The largest 6800 series is the 6807.

As alluded to in Sandeep's reply, you can use the 6800ia. It expands the parent 6807 by essentially adding a remote 48-port line card. Also, 6800ia modules can be stacked (up to 3 in a stack for now).

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

And to add to Marvin's post, there are limits to have many 6800ia you can connect, both in total and as stacks.  I forget the number of stacks, but I believe the total 6800ia supported are 21 (for example, 7 stacks of 3).  This would provide you 1,008 gig ports.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card