Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Re: Cisco 6880-X VSS Upgrade procedure

sorry, Martin so you meaning 2 chassis and each chassis with 1 PFC (routing engine)?
Highlighted
Beginner

Yes, 2 chassis and each chassis with 1 PFC (routing engine)

Highlighted
Beginner

*CORRECTION*
Hello Martin
sorry to keep you busy, so is that you have 2 6880 chassis and each chassis with single Supervisor Engine?
Highlighted
Beginner

Yes, 2 6880 chassis and each chassis with single Supervisor Engine.

Highlighted
Beginner

Do you have Top-Of-Racks 6800IAs? I intend to upgrade my 6880-Xs in a couple weeks or so and I expect an outage since our 6800IAs will need to go through a reboot once the new update is pushed down from the host switch(s). So again, a system no downtime using "redundancy reload peer" may indeed work for the host pair but regardless if you have 6800IA attached, downtime is unavoidable. Anyone, correct em if I'm wrong...

Highlighted
Beginner

Hello Wilkins
I do not have 6800IA just 6807..
Highlighted
Beginner

OK, than you just have the chassis. I have 6800IAs connected to our chassis. They operate as FEXs, similar to NX-OS. From what I've researched and confirmed with TAC, they will indeed reboot once you push the update from the chassis to them. Thus, temporarily causing an outage since in our case, we have servers connected to them.

Highlighted
Beginner

yes and I am just waiting the experts to comment
1) if services will be interrupted on Standby line card connection (I have only one Supervisor Engine on each chassis) when I do “redundancy reload peer”
2) if services will be interrupted (on both) when I do “redundancy force-switchover”
Highlighted
Contributor

Hi Luke,

how was your upgrade ? Did you need to upgrade the firmware before the IOS or could you go from 15.2 to 15.5 with no problems?

Best

Alessio

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad