cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7600: How to extract inner vlans from q-in-q vlan?

peteroseneff
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I've got a 10GE trunk interface from our partner. One vlan (id 1149) that comes on this port is a q-in-q vlan carring four inner vlans. How can I extract them?

Current interface configuration:

interface TenGigabitEthernet3/4

description XXXXXXX

switchport

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport trunk allowed vlan 1140-1150

switchport mode trunk

4 Replies 4

rducombl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I am not sure I understand exactly.

But if you are receiving double tag traffic with 1149 as outer dot1q and let's say vlan x,y and z as inner vlan.

You need to select one output port to which you will send the traffic.

If this port is on a regular lan line card (any Ws-X67xx) for example you can configure that port as Dot1q tunnel port :

interface gig 1/1

description XXXXXXX

switchport

switchport mode dot1q-tunnel

switchport mode access vlan 1049

--> with that config we will remove vlan 1049 from each packet incoming on the ten gig int with vlan 1049 and sends only the inner vlan out on gig 1/1 for example.

config guide for dot1q tunneling is at : http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/routers/7600/ios/12.2SR/configuration/guide/dot1qtnl.html

If your egress line card would be an Es-20, Es+ or sip-400, you may do the same with EVC config using service instances. Some info on service instance can be found in :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/routers/7600/install_config/ES40_config_guide/es40_chap4.html

Roland

Hi Roland,

Yes vlan 1149 used as outer dot1q and vlan 143,156,841 as inner vlan.

In my setup there's no ES20 card, so I have to follow your sugesstion with the output port. Thanks for configuration example!

Is there any possiblity to remove the outer dot1q vlan on 7600's SVI?

hi,

No on SVI on 7600 you cannot do that.

Actually you cannot even route a double tagged packet on an SVI.

if you only have LAN line card I fear you are limited to the dot1q tunnel access port.

Roladn

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card