Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 877-K9 router problem

Hi guys, im new from here.. and need disperate help.

I cannot access to my router Cisco 877-K9. I have tried reseting it but still wont work. I notice that only green led OK and CD is on.

- The cable for internet is plug.. so led for ADSL should be blinking, but in my router.. its not.

- Another cable is plug from port 1 to my pc.. so led on port 1 should be blinking, but in my router.. its not.

Thats why cannot connect to internet or access my router to configure..

This happens after having power failure due to overloading and main power automatically shuts off for about 5 times after turning it on.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Gary Turner
Level 1
Level 1

The 877 has a console port, it is worth connecting the blue serial cable to to see what is happening during the boot process on the router. you can do the things there you would normally via Telnet and more.

View solution in original post

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

The the CD indicator on router or Carrier Detect is constantly blinking... but no internet connection..

contact your ISP to have this fixed.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Gary Turner
Level 1
Level 1

The 877 has a console port, it is worth connecting the blue serial cable to to see what is happening during the boot process on the router. you can do the things there you would normally via Telnet and more.

I called someone to fix the problem and she used console port to access the router then reconfigured it then after that problem solved.. The router was reset due to power failure so all config was gone..

After 22 days.....

Now I'm having problem again.. suddenly the internet was down.. I checked the running config and seems ok.. I also checked on CiscoSDM > Monitor - and on the "Interface" it says the ATM0.1 with our internet IP status "down"

The the CD indicator on router or Carrier Detect is constantly blinking... but no internet connection..

Thanks!

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Always start with "show dsl interface".

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

contact your ISP to have this fixed.

Thanks guys for the help.. I just realized that their is no dial tone on our line ... Our ISP has fixed it so im connected to internet again.

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card