cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 881W - password recovery for AP module

cstevens
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know how to do password recovery on the AP module within a Cisco 881W router?  I'm trying to make a change to an SSID config and we lost the password on the AP.  When I do a password recovery on the router, it doesn't wipe out the config of the AP.  I try to session into the AP and can't get past the username/password prompt.  I haven't been able to find a document on Cisco's web.

christopher.stevens@qwest.com

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yudong Wu
Level 7
Level 7

Did you try this?

service-module wlan-ap 0 reset default-config

and then reset the AP module
service-module wlan-ap 0 reset

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Yudong Wu
Level 7
Level 7

Did you try this?

service-module wlan-ap 0 reset default-config

and then reset the AP module
service-module wlan-ap 0 reset

Thanks Kevin.  That was exactly what I needed to know.

I have this issue and when i reset as instructed above, i still cannot set boot preferences within the AP. I cannot enter global configuration mode of the AP. All of these attempts are met with ERROR!!! Command is disabled. I have the newest ".tar" file installed in flash of the ap but it will not load it and it will not allow any other configuration changes.

I've been having the same issue. I get into the ap session, but can get pass the enable command because of an old configuration I can't get rid of. Did anyone ever figure this out??

VZIOLKOWSK-W-CVO>enable

Password:

Password:

Password:

% Bad secrets

VZIOLKOWSK-W-CVO>

would this erase the configs for the AP?

Yes, it should reset the AP config to factory default so you should be able to login back with default user/pass Cisco/Cisco.

I have a similar problem. I can actually log into the AP module; however, when I type enable I forgot the password and cant reconfig the AP. How do I recover that?

will still need a password recovery then if you cant get through enable mode

Hello,

I cannot figure out which post belongs where in this thread, but do you have a user and password configured on the 881W ? What if you use that for the AP ?

E.g.:

username admin privilege 15 password 0 cisco

and then use admin/cisco on the AP ?

From the router prompt enter the following command.

Router#service-module wlan-ap 0 reset bootloader

Start an ap session and then delete the configs files manually from rommon and then boot the device.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card