Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 888EA-K9 - SHDSL issue

kamil.swedrak
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I hope someone can help with this, I'm struggling with configuring the above router with a SHDSL connection. Routers will be placed in 1 LAN. Scheme topology:
SW1 -- R1 -- R2 -- SW2

The point is that SW1 & SW2 are in the same LAN (the same subnet) and I would like to have those 2 routers transparent in my network (invisible) SW1 should indicates on SW2 without those routers.
I configured R1 as CO with EFM and R2 as CPE.
Those routers can talk each other (R1 can ping R2 and vice-versa) and they also can ping neighbor switch:
R1 can ping SW1
R2 can ping SW2

The point is that R1 cannot ping SW2 and R2 cannot ping SW1.

How to establish communication without routing protocol?
Thank you for your effort and help.

2 Replies 2

Predrag Jovic
Level 3
Level 3

If I undertand you correctly you are asking for Layer 2 Tunnel Protocol Version 3 (support depends on license type that is installed on router).

[UPDATE[

@Predrag Jovic wrote:

If I undertand you correctly you are asking for Layer 2 Tunnel Protocol Version 3 (support depends on license type that is installed on router).

Problem resolved.

Fa ports are L2 and cannot bridge those.

Predrag Jovic - thank you for your assistance with thise case.

--

Thank you for your reply - appreciate that.

I cannot use this technology because mian part of this configuration need to be done on switches but they don't have correct IOS.
Network scheme (excerpt):

SW1 (23.252.3.107/24) -- R1 (IP: 172.16.16.1/24) -- R2 (172.16.16.2/24) -- SW2 (23.252.3.181/24)
On R1 & R2 VLAN100 is configured with subnet 23.252.3.0/24.

IP's (172.16.16.X) assigned to R1&R2 are artifical (to check if SHDSL working fine).
Based on this diagram there is no connection between r101 & r201 and this solution cannot be implemented in my network  due to fact that R1&R2 are connected each other via SHDSL interface and Fa ports on Routers are connected to SW1 and SW2 respectively.

Maybe other technology will be goog for this topology? FR or similar?
What do you think?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card