cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9200 IOS Update

sdonnelly41
Level 1
Level 1

I have two C9200-24T switches that I have setup and stacked, and next I was looking to update the from 16.10.1 to 16.11.1. I had read the update process for the 9200's were different. Can I no longer copy the Bin file to flash and then execute a boot system flash to change to the new IOS version?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you want to upgrade using the "install mode" (recommended), you have to install the software and then point to the package file by using this command.

boot flash:packages.conf

HTH

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you want to upgrade using the "install mode" (recommended), you have to install the software and then point to the package file by using this command.

boot flash:packages.conf

HTH

Great thank you both for responding, the link seems to be what I need to get this upgraded and I do see that the current mode is install. Regards!

Yes, the steps are pretty straight forward. It is just instead of the bin file you are now pointing to a package file. And of course, the cleanup command which is useful to make some room in flash as the files are getting larger.

Good Luck!

Worked a charm for me and the update went perfectly! Thank you very much!

Andrey.A
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I'm activating this old discussion, but better than opening new one :)

I just have one question, when I complete all steps (install remove inactive, copy new IOS, install add file...) will the IOS be copied to all members or do I need some extra command for that?

To Andrey: The upgrade performs an add on all members, when complete it will tell you how many:  (I don't have a stack below, but this is what you will get)

--- Starting Add ---
Performing Add on all members
[1] Add package(s) on switch 1
[1] Finished Add on switch 1
Checking status of Add on [1]
Add: Passed on [1]
Finished Add

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: