Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9200L-24P or 48P POE+ with single power

Babar82
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, i have a question with 2 Cisco 9200L POE+ devices:

If i use a Cisco 9200L-24P-4G with single power PWR-C5-600WAC without additional power, the available POE power is 370W.

If i want to use POE+ devices, i can use up to 12 POE+ devices, and if a want to use both POE and POE+ devices, i can use it both without exceed the threshold of 370W, is correct?

If i use a Cisco 9200L-48P-4G or 4X with single power PWR-C5-1KWAC without additional power, the available POE power is 740W.

If i want to use POE+ devices, i can use up to 24 POE+ devices, and if a want to use both POE and POE+ devices, i can use it both without exceed the threshold of 740W, is correct?

I ask this to confirm, because for example Cisco 2960S datasheet explain crearly that, for example, if you have 370W POE power, you can use up to 12 POE+ devices, or 24 POE devices.

Thank you.

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@Babar82 wrote:

i can use it both without exceed the threshold of 370W, is correct?

How many PD and how much power draw do each PD require -- This is the question you should be asking.  

Now, i don't know the exact number and the power of every PD. 

My goal is to know and understand if i can use both POE and POE+ devices without exceed the total power budget.

Example 5 POE+ devices and 10 POE devices (total 304W).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card