cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9200L-24T-4X-E Licensing

Jim Kerr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a Cisco 9200L-24T-4X-E switch which is using smart licensing. I've set up the switch and licensed it using our internet connection and all is good. The way I understand it is that the device will automatically communicate with Cisco to re-register/renew its license over a period of time.

If I disable the call-home feature and therefore it can't re-register the license I understand it will go into the 'Unregistered' mode after a period of time

Please can someone advise what will happen if the device goes beyond this period without being connected to the internet to re-register ? what do people do that don't have an internet connection available for their devices (ie on the LAN with no internet) ?

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Have a look at this document :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/cloud-systems-management/smart-software-manager-satellite/datasheet-c78-734539.html

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@Jim Kerr wrote:

Please can someone advise what will happen if the device goes beyond this period without being connected to the internet to re-register

The logs of the switch will get spammed about licensing.  That's it.  

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card