Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco 9300 48P poe consumption option

arshadudddin
Level 1
Level 1

Hii 

I have cisco 9300 48P with 470 Poe watt,  connect IeeePD default using 15.4 watt so only 30 device able to  get connected. no enough power available  for another device. when I see on Power inline policy device utilize not more then 9 watt.  When i set it on static 10 watt power deny to PD.

i have same issue earlier with 2960, there was option in power inline consumption , I set power 10 watt it's working.

but in 9300 48P no such option available.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

For a 48-port PoE switch, 470 wac PS is just not enough.  Get the 1100wac power supply. 

NOTE:  

The "official" power supply for the Catalyst 9300 is has a SKU prefix of PWR-C1.  There is no issue if, for example, someone manages to find a power supply with an SKU of C3KX-PWR.  For example, a power supply C3KX-PWR-1100WAC and PWR-C1-1100WAC will work in a Catalyst 9300.  The only difference is the SKU/part number.  

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @arshadudddin 

Do you have the feature "Power Negotiation" available? This feature allows the switch and the powered device to negotiate the power level, which can help ensure that the PD receives the appropriate amount of power without overloading the switch.

To enable Power Negotiation on your Cisco 9300 switch: power inline negotiation prestandard source

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

Thanks a lot for quick response, Can you please give command line for this.

Because in power inline only 

auto 

never

police

port

static 

available

Hello @arshadudddin 

you use the "power inline static max" command to statically set the maximum power allocated to a port ?

Best regards

@arshadudddin 

I apologize for the confusion and check the 9300 datasheet too. The "power inline negotiation prestandard source" command is not available on the Cisco Catalyst 9300 switch. This command is only available on certain older Cisco switches that support prestandard PoE.

The Cisco Catalyst 9300 switch only supports IEEE 802.3af and IEEE 802.3at standards for PoE. If your PDs are compliant with these standards and still not receiving power, you may need to check the power consumption of the PDs and the PoE budget of the switch. You can also try to prioritize the most critical PDs or use external power injectors to supply power to the PDs that require more power than the switch can provide.

Best regards

Thanks,

PD is supported IEEE802.3af, and when I see on switch power inline policy its showing PD use 7.3 watt.

arshadudddin
Level 1
Level 1

Any one can help for this case

For a 48-port PoE switch, 470 wac PS is just not enough.  Get the 1100wac power supply. 

NOTE:  

The "official" power supply for the Catalyst 9300 is has a SKU prefix of PWR-C1.  There is no issue if, for example, someone manages to find a power supply with an SKU of C3KX-PWR.  For example, a power supply C3KX-PWR-1100WAC and PWR-C1-1100WAC will work in a Catalyst 9300.  The only difference is the SKU/part number.  

Hii Leo,

Thanks for reply, This switch (9300 48P) is giving full 470 watt, My issue is I want to define poe consumption on port static, but when is set 10 watt to port, PD power deny, as my PD is using 7.3 watt,  I have a 2960 poe switch i have test here In command line Power inline these is consumption option i set 10 watt there its working fine, But in 9300 i don't see any option, is there  POE consumption or POE negotiation command line on 9300,   please suggest.

What firmware is the 9300 running on?

Post the complete output to the command "sh power inline".  I suspect the 48-port switch is powered by a 750wac power supply that is originally meant for a 48-port non-PoE or a 24-port PoE switch.

93001.PNG

93002.PNG

93003.PNG

93004.PNG

i have another switch 2960 48 poe here is option consumption on power inline as below

Cisco2960.PNG

arshadudddin
Level 1
Level 1

please suggest ?

arshadudddin
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks, solved issue by using 2 PSU 715 X 2 now total poe available 1187 Watt.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card