Level 1

I have 2 9300 switches that are OOB new without configuration

Switch one is:

bootstrap 16.8.1r (FC4)

IOSXE 16.06.04a

Switch two is:

bootstrap 16.12.2.r

IOSXE 16.06.04a

Switch one will power a Ieee PD class 4 device file, while switch two will not power the Ieee PD device.

Switch one and switch two have been swapped, and the Ieee PD devices that would not power with switch two will power with switch one, thereby eliminating cabling and faulty Ieee PD.

Swapped switch 2 with another new oob device with no configuration and same bootstrap and IOSXE, with same result.

I need some input on how to get switch 2 to power my Ieee PD just like switch one does.

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is this stack ? or standalong switches ?

can you post each switch below information and mentioning that which one working which one not working

show verison

show run

show power inline

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

switches are stand alone

1 is the running

2 is not working

darrell.naylor
Level 1
Level 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Switch 1 is running 16.6.4a

Switch 2 (not working) is running 16.6.4 only and this issue could be CSCvi49725.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As per my observation if some partner shipped the equipment, if they upgrade microcode to 16.12 and downgraded you may see this issue. but this my observation this may not be the case, please upgrade to latest version the one not working and test it.(one switch).

working one Microcode :

ROM: IOS-XE ROMMON
BOOTLDR: System Bootstrap, Version 16.8.1r [FC4], RELEASE SOFTWARE (P)

not working :

ROM: IOS-XE ROMMON
BOOTLDR: System Bootstrap, Version 16.12.2r, RELEASE SOFTWARE (P)

release notes :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9300/software/release/16-6/release_notes/ol-16-6-9300.html#pgfId-1501090

If microcode downgrade does not occur, PoE features will be impacted after downgrading. See the Downgrading in Install Mode section of the Release Notes for Cisco Catalyst 9300 Series Switches, Cisco IOS XE Gibraltar 16.12.x, for more information.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card