cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9300 switch stack master not seeing the stack member mac addresses???

victoriabardy
Level 4
Level 4

I had to take switches that were previously configured, wipe them, and create a new cisco 9300 stack.  I can not get the master to see the members of the stack.  I have done a few write erases to wipe the previous configuration and I have checked the stack cables a few times and I am not seeing anything wrong.  I provisioned the stack and then powered everything on and connected the cables but the master is not getting the stack members.  I made sure all four members are on the same software and they are all the same model switch.  

Switch# Role Mac Address Priority Version State
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*1 Active cc7f.76d2.4980 15 V02 Ready
2 Member 0000.0000.0000 0 Provisioned
3 Member 0000.0000.0000 0 Provisioned
4 Member 0000.0000.0000 0 Provisioned

I also went into each member and numbered them.  Still it is not picking up the members of the stack.

Can anyone here on the forum please assist with how to get this stack working?

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Regards,

Vicky

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Do you have the same exact license installed on all switches? "sh ver"should show the license for each switch.

HTH

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How are the firmware loaded into each switch members?  The entire stack should run only in either Bundle Mode or Install Mode. 

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what is the version of code, "show ver" have you turn off all device and turn them ON

it is nice to see the show run also.  ( worth connecting one of the stack member consoles to see if the device booted ?)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card