cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9300 upgrade path from Gibraltar to Fuji possible??

victoriabardy
Level 4
Level 4

Hello All,

I have  a cisco 9300 2 member stack that I need to add another 2 members to.  My current IOS on the stack that is already in production is: Cisco IOS Software [Fuji], Catalyst L3 Switch Software (CAT9K_IOSXE), Version 16.9.4, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

The version running on the two members I want to add is: Cisco IOS Software [Gibraltar], Catalyst L3 Switch Software (CAT9K_IOSXE), Version 16.12.4, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc5)

Is it possible to upgrade the two members that are in production to the software version running on the new two members I want to add?  Since I need all four switches to be on the same software I just want to find a way to make this work.

Does anyone here on the forum have the upgrade path for this or any guidance as to how I can get all four switches on the same software?

Please let me know if you do.

Thank you.

Rgds,

Vicky

4 Replies 4

Hi

They are pretty closer version so you can move from Fuji to Gibraltar with no problem.

This guide have everything you need.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3850/software/release/16-12/release_notes/ol-16-12-3850.html#task_mfv_lgq_k3b 

Hello Flavio,  Thank you for your response.  That link is helpful but the wrong model of switch.  I am now looking for a way to downgrade two switches to 16.4 if that is possible?  Wondering if I can find that ios release.  Do you have any idea?

If so, please let me know.  Thank you.

Why do you want to downgrade. If I were you, I´d put all of them in 17 version.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9300/software/release/17-3/release_notes/ol-17-3-9300.html 

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Go straight to 17.3.X. 
Avoid 16.12.X because that train is not stable.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card