cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9400 Switch Unable to configure Enhanced PAGP

kick534
Level 1
Level 1

i want to configure enhanced Dual-active-detection with ePAgP  in Cisco 9400 series Switch line card.

please find the attach pic, once i try to configure ports in line card not showing command to complete configuration.

Cisco IOS Software [Fuji], Catalyst L3 Switch Software (CAT9K_IOSXE), Version 16.9.2, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc4) need to now this software release will support Enhanced DAD epagp.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The command is supported by both sup and line card ports.

HTH

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Hello,

do you actually have interfaces assigned to the port channel ? What is the output of:

show stackwise-virtual dual-active-detection

thanks for reply,

please find the attach image, actually i create PO1 and as per Cisco VSS configuration guide :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9400/software/release/16-9/configuration_guide/ha/b_169_ha_9400_cg/configuring_cisco_stackwise_virtual.pdf

when i try to configure  DAD which cannot complete the command

Hello Kick534,

Duplicated Address Detection should be configured on a separate link different from the SVL link.

The objective of DAD is to avoid a case of dual chassis active when the SVL/VSS link fails.

if Po1 is your SVL link it is correct that you cannot configure DAD over it.

Edit:

by the way, other DAD methods are better choices as they do not involve a third party device like it happens with PAGP+.

Fast hellos  over a dedicated direct link made of 1 GE  ports is to be preferred over ePAGP in my opinion.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi Giuseppe,

int po channel 1 i am using only for epagp dad, as i following exactly as per below document 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9400/software/release/16-9/configuration_guide/ha/b_169_ha_9400_cg/configuring_cisco_stackwise_virtual.pdf

Once i go to below command : not getting command as you can see in attach

Core(config-if)#Stackwise-Virtual
Core(config-Stackwise-Virtual)#dual ?

Thank you for reply,

Yes i already configured  interface as per document

Core(config-if)#Stackwise-Virtual
Core(config-Stackwise-Virtual)#dual ?

i cannot find dad commands please help.

Hello kick534,

reading at page 16 of the config guide you have provided I see

Device(config-if)#stackwise-virtual dual-active-detection

Note:

This command will not be visible on the device after the configuration, but will continue to function

Try in this way on an interface that is NOT part of the SVL bundle, connect them directly.

Edit:

for PAGP+ dual active detection you need  a bundle with PAGP enabled on it (different from the SVL bundle) and then the commands are on page 17

In the example po1 is configured for PAGP desirable and placed in shutdown state then the following command is given

Device(config-stackwise-virtual)#dual-active detection pagp trust channel-group 1

Later the po1 interface is re-enabled with no shut.

The po1 must connected to a third party device capable of PAGP+. (a sort of L2 helper)

Anyway a direct link is a better choice for DAD. No dependency on third party devices.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi,

What if you try this command under the interface?

interface TenGigabitEthernetx/x/x
stackwise-virtual dual-active-detection

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9500/software/release/16-9/configuration_guide/ha/b_169_ha_9500_cg/configuring_cisco_stackwise_virtual.html

HTH

Thank you reply,

Actual i not try below command :

interface TenGigabitEthernetx/x/x
stackwise-virtual dual-active-detection

because i thing above commands will support only in Supervisor engine, and i am trying to configure DAD in Line card , epagp any how tomorrow i will visit again to try command.

any more suggestion

The command is supported by both sup and line card ports.

HTH

Thanks for Support...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: