cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9500 to Firepower 2120

Stacia Taylor
Level 1
Level 1

I just moved into a new job and I had C9500-40X's and Firepower 2120's waiting for me. However when I looked into those model numbers the C9500's are fully 10GB and the FPR2120's are 1GB. Has anyone had success with using a 10GB copper SFP and have the 9500 auto negotiate down to 1GB? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cat 9500 1GB /10G /20 Gi support, so you should be ok with 1GB with with FP, i have tested some time back using Fibre patching using 1GB SFP, all good.

i do not believe it support less than 1GB.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cat 9500 1GB /10G /20 Gi support, so you should be ok with 1GB with with FP, i have tested some time back using Fibre patching using 1GB SFP, all good.

i do not believe it support less than 1GB.

BB

Thank you for your quick response! 

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't see any copper SFP (1Gig) for the model you are using. There is GLC-TE support if the firepower appliance come with any copper gig ports or support GLC-TE

see link and look under c9500-40X

https://tmgmatrix.cisco.com/?si=9500

HTH

With the ports being 1GB capable, I should be able to switch to fiber and use these (GLC-SX-MMD) correct?

yes Multimode good, if you range is shorter. we expect they will be in same rack or commns room.

BB

Yes, with multi-mode cable and (GLC-SX-MMD), you can go up to 500 meters.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card