I am working on configuring a topography with 1 Cisco ASA 5516X Firewall configured with a Nexus 3K Switch (Core Switch).
I am looking for a recommend best practices topographical design.
Things I need to consider:
1) We have another integrated services router that handles are Cisco Unity Services for VOIP. This is a different gateway and network then our data network.
2) We will have multiple vlans / Point to Point connections to multiple branch offices. Some of these connections are layer 2 with AT&T and others are Site-To-Site IPSec.
3) Should the ASA be configured in routed and transparent mode.
4) Are there any pairing commands for the ASA and Nexus to share a routing table or arp table?
5) We also have a 5508 WLC with 25 APs.
I am hoping to enable the Nexus to the majority of all routing and inter-vlan routing with access policies.
What would everyone recommend.