Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco BGP Routes Not Appearing

Hello Experts,

Can someone please tell me why the route that I  have added to the BGP routing process won't appear in BGP when I issue  the show ip bgp command.

Please see attached logs...

Cheers

Carlton

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

smehrnia
Level 7
Level 7

hi,

im using a Mac so i couldnt see ur zip file, but in general, for a route to appear in bgp process, you should have it in ur routing table (dynamic or static). BGP is rather an application than a routing protocol which greately relys on IGP Routing protocols to operate.

Again, if the following conditions are not met, bgp wont operate correctly, so check if ur config is correct:

** BGP will not put routes that it cannot verify reachability for in the main IP routing table.

** For routers to successfully use BGP routes, they must always have a route to the next-hop IP address in the main IP routing table, (IGP Dependency).

plz Rate if it helped.

Soroush.

Hope it Helps!

Soroush.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

JohnTylerPearce
Level 7
Level 7

Under your BGP configuration, I saw the following.

network 5.1.104.0 mask 255.255.248.0

Are you running a dynamic routing protocol? And if so, is the 5.1.104.0 network in your routing table?

I don't see a dynamic routing protocol configured in your configuration, so for you to advertise 5.1.104.0,

you will need to have a route for that in your routing table.

smehrnia
Level 7
Level 7

hi,

im using a Mac so i couldnt see ur zip file, but in general, for a route to appear in bgp process, you should have it in ur routing table (dynamic or static). BGP is rather an application than a routing protocol which greately relys on IGP Routing protocols to operate.

Again, if the following conditions are not met, bgp wont operate correctly, so check if ur config is correct:

** BGP will not put routes that it cannot verify reachability for in the main IP routing table.

** For routers to successfully use BGP routes, they must always have a route to the next-hop IP address in the main IP routing table, (IGP Dependency).

plz Rate if it helped.

Soroush.

Hope it Helps!

Soroush.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: