cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco C3560CX-12 Flashing Green STACK light

Long9zhen
Level 1
Level 1

I have a flashing green stack light on boot up.  What does this mean and how do I configure/disable it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This is normal b/c by default the switch will boot up as a stack master if it is not in a stack configuration.  Stack LED will blink green on the stack master.  Try  "show switch" command to see if your switch is a stack master.

In the default mode Stack LED will blink in green color only on the stack master. However, when we scroll the Mode button to Stack option - Stack LED will glow green on all the stack members

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Predrag Jovic
Level 3
Level 3

It is normal:

Blinking Green

POST is in progress.

System LEDs

I have this same issue, is this light supposed to flash infinitely? I have another 3650cx and the stack is not flashing.

Any ideias ?

Thank you.

According to the Device Manager, POST activity is indicated on the SYSTEM light, not the STACK light.  No alternate conditions are listed for the STACK light.

For me the STACK light started flashing after upgrading to IOS 15.2(4)E4 from 15.2(3).  It was not flashing before the upgrade.

I'm not used to seeing STACK on unless I'm using the Mode button.  Right now if I use the Mode button to select STACK, it lights up the indicators for ports 1 through 4.  Must mean something.

Robin - I am also having this issue with the blinking Stack LED on my WS-C3560CX-12PD-S after upgrading to IOS 15.2(6)E1. Any solution?

-Chris

Sorry, I haven't seen an answer yet.  We are not stacking ours so it seems to be harmless, but hey, it would be nice for it to work right even if it's just a pilot light.

My boss wants to know, it's my job to find out and  "I dunno" is a hard sell. 

Guess you'll have to open an official TAC case and bug Cisco.  We just moved our CX's to 15.2(4)E6 and the STACK light is still flashing away.

In a related note if you install that version, it adds and/or removes some config commands.  Be sure to capture your existing config to compare in case you need to restore something it changes.

Thanks for the heads up regarding 15.2.4E6- We received some new 3560-CX's  with that version and upgraded others in service. We edited our naming convention to BLINKY-1, BLINKY-2....

This is normal b/c by default the switch will boot up as a stack master if it is not in a stack configuration.  Stack LED will blink green on the stack master.  Try  "show switch" command to see if your switch is a stack master.

In the default mode Stack LED will blink in green color only on the stack master. However, when we scroll the Mode button to Stack option - Stack LED will glow green on all the stack members

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: