Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco cat 4507R with sup iv IOS upgrade problem

Mohamed Sayed
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

I have cisco catalyst WS-C4507R with suoervisor (WS-X4515) with IOS (cat4000-I9K91S-M) I need to upgrade it to the latest IOS (150)

when I download the IOS from cisco site and copied it on the bootflash: and force it to boot from this image (this displayed in the output of show bootvar)

I reboot the box then when started up I found that it not booted from the required IOS and boot from the old IOS.

any help please

6 Replies 6

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

First check with "sh boot"  command, most likely the old version is still in the boot variable.

Than deleted the old boot variable command and than add the new one, save and reboot.

no system bootflash

system bootflash

HTH

I checked show bootvar, I found that the next boot will be from the version 150 and after I reload the switch I found it still not boot from the required version ??

what may be the problem ???

Did you actually try these command?

no system bootflash

system bootflash

wr

reload

yeah

I tried these command more than one time and the result is the same ??

Can you post the output of "show ver"?

Dear Reza,

I solved the problem

thanks alot for your kindly support.

the problem history:

-from the release note of the IOS it was neccessary to upgrade the ROMMON IOS to another version.

-config-register was 0x2101 I changed it to 0x2102

-upgrade the IOS

it upgraded successfully

I appreciate you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card