cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Catalyst 3750E on packet tracer?

jlavery507
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way I can get the Cisco Catalyst 3750E switch on PT? Or which switch is most similar for creating a mock topology with the Cisco Catalyst 3750E?

5 Replies 5

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Never used PT before but if there is no 3750, you can use 3850 or 3650 if they are supported.

HTH

Martin L
VIP
VIP

No, you cannot add any new devices that are not already included in PT;  you have to pick the closest one. C3750s are running on IOS 15; there is c3650 switch that is close to c3750. (3850 runs on XE version, not IOS)

PT from Cisco Net Academy is just a software Simulator; it does not run on real IOS or virtual IOS; It is close to IOS but It does not really behave like real IOS would (some simply features do). PT is excellent tool to learn and practice networking fundamentals and commands for CCNA exam.

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

kubn2
Level 1
Level 1

If you want to create "mock" (I guess more advanced) topology then you should use Cisco Modeling Labs v 2.0, Eve-ng or GNS3. These labs running real IOS and you have access to more advanced features.

true, but those emulators are running on virtual IOS that is based on L3 switch image with most of IOS 15 features. Such image is not based on any particular model.  I prefer Eve ng although CML 2.1 was released last week and may run better now (comparing to 2.0).  In short, Eve is better than CML and both are better than PT.

Ok I can agree BUT Cisco Modeling Labs running devices like CSR1000v or Nexus 9000 which are not running virtual IOS but full IOS and NX os that you normally can find on physical devices.

CML 2 worked for me pretty well and 2.1 is also working really good.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card