Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco catalyst 9300 and avaya ip phone issue

is there anyone encountered a layer 1 issue with c9300 and avaya phones?

I am deploying new c9300 switches in our office. Network connectivity looks good, we have tested thin client applications, site to site connectivity and dhcp services. However avaya phone is having a physical issue, when avaya phone is connected to c9300, power inline shows it is providing power to avaya phone and avaya phone will start loading up. But avaya phone will show an error "no Ethernet" and interface in switch level will show notconnect. I already changed cables, change avaya phones and move connection to another port.

Any idea if this is a compatibility issue?

c9300 current IOS version is 16.9.2.

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try hard setting a port to whatever speed the phone support. If the phone is gig, hard set the port to gig and test again.

HTH

ohh forgot to indicate that detail.

I already tried to hard code speed to 10, 100, 1000 and auto. I also tried to hard code duplex to full and half. No changes in all combination of hard code speed and duplex. There are also no error on the logs seen for duplex mismatch.

do you have LLDP enabled? If not, enable it and see if that makes a difference.

Rocket Surgeon
Level 1
Level 1

My team is facing the same issue...any update or resolution for this problem?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco