Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Catalyst 9500-16X-A -- Design Virtual Stacking

whistleblower14
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I`m planning to implement a pair of 2x Catalyst 9500-16X as a collapsed Core virtual Stack - but I´m not sure how to design the SWL Link, meaning how many links the Po128 should it include for best (performance, redundancy, etc.) and if I could/should use that PortChannel as well also for as the Dead-Peer-Detection Link...

any suggestions or redirects to helpful documentation I would appriciate, thank you!

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

2 Ports  in PO should do for the work, personall do not club or suggest to mix the SVL and Dual Active detection link.

here is the suggested and reference guide :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9500/software/release/16-9/configuration_guide/ha/b_169_ha_9500_cg/configuring_cisco_stackwise_virtual.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

thanks for your response!

maybe you can also help me about the ISSU/NSF - is this actually possible with 9500 in a vStack?

I´´m trying to understand the 9300 Stackwise-480 - would it be possible to stack for e.g. 9300-24P with a 9300-48T?

and of course what are the benefits of going with vStack exept the 10G PortDensity?

I have done Some vstack ISSU upgrade, not happy and results not expected as it was.

I still still with Traditional Upgrades, they are fine and quicker.

Not all the Model Support Stack Wise Virtual, Look at the supporting devices list.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card