cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Catalyst C9200L-24P and C9200-48P DNA Essentials Device Registration respectively activation

Adam__
Level 1
Level 1

We bought two C9200L-24P and one C9200L-48P switches with Cisco DNA Essentials for 3 years - so far so good.

How can I "import" and activate the license offline, without connection to the internet? I only did find a document where it said that it is possible, but not hot to do it.

Please allow me a sencond question.
I created a "Smart Account" and I have also an "My Cisco Entitlements" account. To be honest, I don't know how to use them to get the information I need to register the License. The Hardware itself I got registerd in the Cisco Entitlements, but under "File Type" is the status "License RTU" whatever that means. Can someone please help me how to register the products correctly? It looks like that the Entitlements portal is somehow still "under construction" and the previous site is not accessible anymore. I always get redirected.

Thank you very much for your efforts!

Best Regards
Adam

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steven Case
Level 1
Level 1

If you're looking for an offline Smart License activation, it's a bit more complicated.

First, to have the ability to use Specific License Reservation (SLR). To get this, a Smart Account Administrator has to request the ability from the licensing team (not really - I can't remember the actual email address, but the licensing team at license@cisco.com should be able to point you to the right area... I recall it being third-party looking as far as domain).  When you get this capability, the rest is almost straight forward.

Here's a document I used for reference when creating my company's IOP/GUIDE for Smart Licensing (we have Air-Gapped networks and needed this).:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/smart-licensing/qsg/b_Smart_Licensing_QuickStart/b_Smart_Licensing_QuickStart_chapter_01000.html

I will give you the same heads up I gave my network team: not all devices support SLR. You'll have to check the white papers for your appliances to see which licenses are compatible with SLR for those appliances. Your particular models do support Essential reservation.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Adam,

RTU stands for right-to-use. If you want install it manually, you this document (page 3) to install the license.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9500/software/release/16-5/configuration_guide/sys_mgmt/b_165_sys_mgmt_9500_cg/configuring_right_to_use_licenses.pdf

Also, to know what type license you have already installed, do a "sh ver"

HTH

Thank you verry much for the quick answer!

As Steven wrote, "Specific License Reservation (SLR)" is the right solution for me.

Regards Adam

Thank's Steven, your answer was what I was looking for. "Specific License Reservation (SLR)" is what I need.

Regards
Adam

Steven Case
Level 1
Level 1

If you're looking for an offline Smart License activation, it's a bit more complicated.

First, to have the ability to use Specific License Reservation (SLR). To get this, a Smart Account Administrator has to request the ability from the licensing team (not really - I can't remember the actual email address, but the licensing team at license@cisco.com should be able to point you to the right area... I recall it being third-party looking as far as domain).  When you get this capability, the rest is almost straight forward.

Here's a document I used for reference when creating my company's IOP/GUIDE for Smart Licensing (we have Air-Gapped networks and needed this).:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/smart-licensing/qsg/b_Smart_Licensing_QuickStart/b_Smart_Licensing_QuickStart_chapter_01000.html

I will give you the same heads up I gave my network team: not all devices support SLR. You'll have to check the white papers for your appliances to see which licenses are compatible with SLR for those appliances. Your particular models do support Essential reservation.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card