Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CNA - 3850 not supported as community member

oguarisco
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all,

we're experiencing a strange behavior with latest CNA Release and 3850-48P with IOS XE 3.6.2a. After discovering the device and seen it on the map when I right click to access the device I receive the following error: "WS-C3850-48P is not supported as community member" and it's impossible to access for modify the configuration.

Has anyone already experienced this error?

Thank for any suggestion or advice

BR

O.G

9 Replies 9

Carl Edwards
Level 1
Level 1

Exact same problem after upgrading 2 of a cisco 3850 stacks this weekend.  

I've messed around with adding another user with level 15 permissions with no success.

Hello Carl,

With the Release before the upgrade all was working fine?

If yes what was the XE Release before the upgrade?

Regards

Omar

Hi Omar,

Yes, was all working fine before.

Version 03.03.04SE before I believe.

Regards,

Carl

Hi Omar,

I can access the config via telnet and make changes no problems.  This release was april 2015 so odd that we both have this problem today.  I can't see any other similar problems looking around either.

What version did you upgrade from Omar?  Are you thinking of downgrading or taking some advice from cisco about?

Thanks,

Carl

Hi Carl,

the switches were installed with a XE Release adviced by the customer and after that he upgrade CNA to 6.2 since before 3850 were not supported.

What is strange is that all the switches are visible in the topology but I've found out that the ones in Stack are not accessible (not supported as a community member) but the single switch is fine can be managed via CNA...

Omar

I don't see the 3850 as supported on the cna page.  Although it's been working for me since 3.1 etc.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/cloud-systems-management/network-assistant/product_data_sheet0900aecd8068820a.html

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_network_assistant/version6/relnotes/ol32368.html#pgfId-699844

In Release 6.X are supported

Okay, looks good then.  I wonder if anyone is using cna to manage cluster's of 3850's with installed software above 3.6.x.

Would of expected to see a lot more posts about if this was a problem.  Very very odd that we've both had the same problem Omar on the same day.  

I wonder if the copy were running has been modified ?

I'm not a fan of CNA but the customer want to use that to modify port configuration.

I was wondering the same if someone use CNA for Stack Management, but is proved that in a standalone configuration all is working...

I'll keep you updated if I have news

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card