Helpful
Replies

Cisco EPC3825 - password reset?!

thth-tyth
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there!

I've got a big problem.

I bought a new connection with this router, and the first time i tried to access it it had the default <blank> username and password it, so i changed it. But now i really don't remember what it could be. I tried to reset the router, but it still didn't clear the password. I tried to contact my ISP, and they said they can't access my router remotely, i had to reset it myself. I've tried to reset it many times (holding down the reset button for 10-100 seconds), but by PASSWORD won't be reset.

How can i reset it? Is there perhaps any other reset trick for it?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wrong forum, try "small business - routers". You can move the post using the panel on the right.

This discussion has been reposted to the CSC Content with No Valid Community to Post community.  

Hello tyth thth,

On the back of the Cisco DPC3825 there are actually two different buttons.

There is the wireless setup (WPS) button that comes on most all  Cisco/Linksys devices nowadays and a reset button. If you look right  next to the WPS button, there is a recessed reset button, you will need a  pen or other similar object to press the button.

With  the router powered on, press the reset button with your pen and wait  for the lights to change to orange. Once they're orange, remove your pen  and wait for the gateway to boot up all the way. At this point you can  reach the Gateway management page at http://192.168.0.1/.  The username and password will be blank, just press login. Once you're  inside it's highly recommended you change it, ans write down safe.

I hope this information is useful for you. if it was satisfactory  for you, please mark the question as Answered.

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card