Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco EPC3925 Access Restrictions

chribonn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to be able to limit a group of users to certain sites but am encountering problems. I was wondering if anyone can help me.

I logged into the Cisco EPC3925 config menu, clicked on Access Restrictions and, under Basic Rules modified the '1. Default' rule as follows:

I enabled Parental Control

Keyworld List: anonymizer (came up by default)

Blocked Domain List: *.*

Allowed Domain List: a list of domains, eg cisco.com, microsoft.com, google.com, etc

On the tab User Setup I have the following:

'1. Default': no enabled

'2. User': Enabled, Content Rule: '1. Default'

'3. su': Trused User: Enabled

When I log onto a website I am presented with a prompt asking me for username and password. I enter the credentials of '2. User' and proceed to a screen that tells me that I am logged in. My problem is that this user is able to surf to any website and not only to those in the allowed list.

The firmware of my EPC is epc3925-ESIP-16-v302r125533-110811c.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Alan, the EPC/DPC products are service provider modem/router units. To receive support on these devices, you need to call the service provider who provided it. These devices are often remotely provisioned, limiting or locking available features.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

This discussion has been reposted to the CSC Content with No Valid Community to Post community. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: