Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Ether-Channel

a.aljiledi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello …

I have two cisco 2960 catalyst and 1 Cisco ASA 5515 , can i use port trunk Ether-Channel from cisco ASA to both Cisco switch , in my case the Ether-Channel will configured on the Cisco ASA only and from the both switch will configure the interface as a trunk port with allowed VLANs.

it is possible? I know this will not provide the Ether-Channel speed feature , but is this scenario provide a Failover link so in case 1 switch goes down the traffic will transferred to the other switch.

Thanks...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Looks like this LAB or real environment ?

you can not have Ether-channel, you have make Trunk config - with spanning-tree come in to play for Layer 2.

Other option if you not keen to deploy Layer 2 here, you can consider Layer 3 config - so you can use IP SLA to fail over if one of the Link fails between ASA and switch.

If this physical -why not consider switch to be stack ? that is easy way to deploy.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As per my undersanding you have 2 different switches (not stack)

you want to connect ASA  2 Interface 1 to  Switch 1 and other to Switch 2 ?

Possible - (but we need to consider some of limitation ) so we need to know  how is these 2 switches connected, they do connected each other ?

can you make a small diagram how your network to understand ?

BB

Thanks for replay , please take a look

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Looks like this LAB or real environment ?

you can not have Ether-channel, you have make Trunk config - with spanning-tree come in to play for Layer 2.

Other option if you not keen to deploy Layer 2 here, you can consider Layer 3 config - so you can use IP SLA to fail over if one of the Link fails between ASA and switch.

If this physical -why not consider switch to be stack ? that is easy way to deploy.

BB

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card