Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco FI vethernet down

snyderkv
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I want to ask what post steps need to happen when replacing a bad network adapter on a Cisco C220 via UCSM or the shell.

I just replaced a fiber cable on a Cisco C220 server running ESXi and the link light flashes slowly but the Veth still shows link down and the FI shell under the nxos context shows "err-disabled on the Veth (upstream interfaces are fine). Additionally, the ESXi host shows disconnected within the DCUI and the vCenter. I'm guessing the physical adapter is bad unless it's some other UCSM madness but wanted to ask what post steps I have to take after replacing the adapter.

The Fabric is end-host mode and uses pinning.

The Cisco UCSM shows this.

Affected object:sys/rack-unit-*/adaptor-1/host-eth-*/vif-800 vif down
Description:Virtual interface 800 link state is down

I was also having an issue trying to no shut the err disable Vethernet port on the server from the Fabric but If the adapter is bad then I guess it doesn't matter but is the below the correct command to run when after replacing the adapter? What else needs to be done?

FI-B# /server/adapter/host-eth-if # set adminstate enabled.

2 Replies 2

Hello,

I think that you need to commit the change:

FI-B# /server/adapter/host-eth-if # commit-buffer

Ok thanks I commited the change but of course it still says err-disabled maybe because the adapter is bad. I'll report back after we replace the adapter. Thanks
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco