Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Home lab.........!

gauravshar
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

Is it a good option to have home lab to practice for cisco exams (CCNP, CCIE etc)?

I'm looking for arranging a cisco home lab for me. One of the guy I contacted is actually selling his lab consisting of 2613 routers (having token ring interface). Being a modular router I can add a couple of more modules to make it ready for my lab. I need consultation on what extra modules will I need to purchase (decent combination of LAN and WAN ports). Is it a good deal if I pay $100 for 5 such routers (without any module except token ring).

--gaurav

17 Replies 17

mrodriguezm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ... I think is a good option GNS3. If you have a good computer you can test complex topologies. I tested very complex topologies (like DMVNP with high availability) with 7200 routers before implmening on field. You can incorporate ASAs on the topology. Renting remote labs is a good option for the final step for the CCIE road.

sw1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Have you considered using a lab across the internet - if it's cost effective to do so - it would save all the trouble of purchasing the equipment ??

Let me know, as I may be able to help you out

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card