Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISR 4331 License Install

Dan Man
Level 1
Level 1

Folks,

I have a Cisco 4331 ISR that I need to add a license to.  I'm trying to issue the license install command, but it's not there.  I tried from both enable and config mode, but I don't have that option.  I see other options for the license command, but not the license install.  Can you please let me know if I'm missing something?  Thanks!

8 Replies 8

You posted a link that tells us to use the command that does not exist.

"license install" is not a valid command

I have the same issue, but with an ISR 4221 running 16.6.3.

When I type "license install ?" It tells me "Unrecognized command"

Hello,

do you have smart licensing enabled ?

Try:

4331#no license smart enable

What is the output of 'show license' ?

Call mans does exist. However, not while in config terminal. Backed all the way out and license install worked.

I have this problem too, how about this @TPCARC  ? My router is ISR4221/K9 Ver 16.10.01

I ended up figuring it out. I can't remember specifically, but I think it was either due to being in config terminal or not in config terminal. Try that and see if the license install command exists.

Thank you for your reply.

Let me try again. Tks 

Stryker
Level 1
Level 1

I had this issue too.  What I did was to downgrade the IOS to 16.9 and then use the "license install" command.  Once the license installs successfully you will need to enter global configuration mode and enter the command "platform hardware throughput level 300000".  You will be told to write the config and reload the router to activate the changes.  You should then be able to upgrade your router back to its current IOS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card