cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ME3600X FCS Transmit FCS Error

maileh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I have this Swtich (SW1)  cisco ME-3600X-24TS-M  Running this Ios Cisco IOS Software, ME360x Software (ME360x-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.3(3)S, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Several or most of its ports have its Transmit FCS Error increment. It only got fixed after reboot and i am not sure for how long this will go before problem happens again. These ports Duplex and Speed are hardcoded and matched to its neighbour interfaces where these interfaces have the similar  Error but in Receive FCS Error Counter on SW2.

I assume it is a bug but i do not know the real cause for this issue,

Also we changed from the Default SDM Template to the IP few days ago before this problem appear but i also assume that is not related to the cause of the FCS Errore on both end.

2 Replies 2

Hello,

FCS errors often indicate problems with cables and/or NICs of the devices connected to the ports that show these errors. What devices are connected ? You can try and change the cabling, and update the NIC drivers...

Hi George

I have tried that changed the cable twice, and also the connected port of the switch. And i checked all the ports of the SW2 that the FCS Error is common to all of them.

So i must say this is not a physical issue with the wire or the ports itself.

I just reboot the switch and ever since no FCS Errors Exiists on all ports with the same devices still connect to the same port with the same cable with the same speed and duplex setting wheter it is auto or hard code.

I mentioned ealier on this could be a bug affected the switch but i do not know which one or even i do not know the usual command to check so that i know if the problem could happen again which is what i assume.

Anyways thanks for your kind reply George..

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card