cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco / Mekari - MSTP and RSTP Configuration Questions

Quintin.Mayo
Level 2
Level 2

I have been task with configuring STP for one of our customers and looking for some direction on how to configure the environment. The topology consist of Cisco 4506 devices on the end and Meraki MS425-32 and MS120-24 in the middle. I will be implementing MSTP and from the information I found doing my research, Meraki doesn't support MST but is compatible and will see the traffic as one instance. From the information I have found to make the Meraki devices the root? Once the traffic passes through the Meraki devices the 4506 will re-elect a root bridge for the instance. So, if someone can inform on how to approach the configuration it will be greatly appreciated. My thoughts are below. Also, are there firmware concerns?

<cisco enterprise switch> -- <meraki switch> -- <cisco enterprise switch>

1. Configure the Cisco 4506 for MST only one instance for vlans

2. Configure the Mekari devices for RSTP

3. Make the Mekari devices the root\secondary for the vlans (several)

4. Set spanning-tree priority on one of the Cisco 4506 to elect preferred root bridge for MST instance

5. Include native or vlan 1 in the instance as the Mekari devices uses for processing ?

1 Reply 1

Hello

Please have a look at this recent post regards meraki stp compatibility - here

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: