Announcements
Join Customer Connection to register!
Views
Helpful
Replies
David Krnjak
Beginner

Cisco metal plate

Can someone tell me what should be this? I ‘we got it inside of a box with new Catalyst switch. Serial for what, google doesn’t find anything.

Thanks!

DSC00132.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This is a blind plate to cover the RPS connector when it is not used. This plate is shipped with all smaller Catalyst switches (29xx, 35xx, ..)

You should also have a pair of small screws which fit in the corresponding holes.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2950/hardware/installation/guide/hginstal.html#wp1138704

regards,

Leo

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Richard Michael
Cisco Employee

Hello David,

Its just a label for the chassis. Please note this is different from the chassis serial number that might start with FOX-----------

This might be useful when you are creating a RMA for the device, in case if they are not able to identify the device using the Serial number.

Thanks,

Ricky Micky

*Rate if this helps

Hi,

It looks like a supporting plate or a mounting plate for the devices, i believe it is not a part of cisco devices..:)

Cheers

Somu

Ou dear, so it is model of chassis or in other words model of the case in which switch (ASIC) is. It looked like something hugely important so I didn’t want to throw it away before knowing what it is.

Thank you for solving this riddle of mine.

This is a blind plate to cover the RPS connector when it is not used. This plate is shipped with all smaller Catalyst switches (29xx, 35xx, ..)

You should also have a pair of small screws which fit in the corresponding holes.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2950/hardware/installation/guide/hginstal.html#wp1138704

regards,

Leo

View solution in original post

Comedy, it a f** lid... So in last 30 minutes I managed to put a lid onto a jack for RPS. LOL

Thank you for opening my eyes. Now I 'm giving you my master piece:

All the best,

David

Good work!

And thank you for rating.