cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco metal plate

David Krnjak
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone tell me what should be this? I ‘we got it inside of a box with new Catalyst switch. Serial for what, google doesn’t find anything.

Thanks!

DSC00132.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This is a blind plate to cover the RPS connector when it is not used. This plate is shipped with all smaller Catalyst switches (29xx, 35xx, ..)

You should also have a pair of small screws which fit in the corresponding holes.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2950/hardware/installation/guide/hginstal.html#wp1138704

regards,

Leo

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Richard Michael
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello David,

Its just a label for the chassis. Please note this is different from the chassis serial number that might start with FOX-----------

This might be useful when you are creating a RMA for the device, in case if they are not able to identify the device using the Serial number.

Thanks,

Ricky Micky

*Rate if this helps

Hi,

It looks like a supporting plate or a mounting plate for the devices, i believe it is not a part of cisco devices..:)

Cheers

Somu

Ou dear, so it is model of chassis or in other words model of the case in which switch (ASIC) is. It looked like something hugely important so I didn’t want to throw it away before knowing what it is.

Thank you for solving this riddle of mine.

This is a blind plate to cover the RPS connector when it is not used. This plate is shipped with all smaller Catalyst switches (29xx, 35xx, ..)

You should also have a pair of small screws which fit in the corresponding holes.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2950/hardware/installation/guide/hginstal.html#wp1138704

regards,

Leo

Comedy, it a f** lid... So in last 30 minutes I managed to put a lid onto a jack for RPS. LOL

Thank you for opening my eyes. Now I 'm giving you my master piece:

All the best,

David

Good work!

And thank you for rating.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card