cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Metro Ethernet 3600 switch it does not recognize the DOM for SFP

palashgoyal21
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, the ZR-SFP transceiver are supposed to have a diagnostic feature where I can view the dB loss/power/temp?

but when I am trying to look for the DOM (Digital Diagnostics Monitoring)  it does not show me the desired results ?

I want to know if the Switch is capable of reading the DOM ? Any input will be helpful. Thanks 

7 Replies 7

Hello,

which SFP is that exactly ? The SFP-10G-ZR ?

Is that an OEM (Cisco) SFP, or a third party one ?

Its SFP-10g-ZR 80km, Its a third party optics but I have tested it on other switches and it did work just fine just not with ME3600 switch.

Hi, 

There is a bug related to some SFPs associated to ME3600. take a look inline

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuy16460?reffering_site=dumpcr 

HTH

Leonardo 

palashgoyal21
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Leonardo, 

Thanks for sharing the details, I looked into the link but it does not specifies the perfect solution, the version I have is 15.5(3)S2.2. which it says is a fixed release after the bug. Is there any other solution to it ? 

Anyone has any updates on the above issue, Can you please help ??

Hello  palashgoyal21

Have you verified the level of license on your device? to run the tengig interfaces on the Me-3600X devices we need to activate the 10GEupgarde license on the device.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/me-3600x-series-ethernet-access-switches/Cisco-3600X-Video-Datasheet.html 

Hi Leonardo, 

Thanks for your response. 

The Me-3600X has active License for the 10GEupgarde on the device. I have other SFP works fine on the same machine, but just not the SFP-10ge-ZR, I have link lights but unable to see the DOM, I cant use it since I have to adjust the link budget according to Tx/Rx powers. (The same SFP shows DOM on my NEXUS9K switch ) 

Please suggest what can be a possible fix for this. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco