Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Nesus 300 Series Port Block

Dear,

Thanks in advanced.

I am face some problem in Cisco Nexus 3000 series Switch.

The port status showed (dcxNoAcki) this message. After the port is shut and no shut , port status is connected.

Now What can i do? wait for a feedback please.

Nazim

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nazim,

The DCX stands for Data Center Extensions, and it is an extension to the LLDP protocol to negotiate additional Data Center Bridging Extensions and their features between interconnected devices. A part of the exchange is a continuous "ping" process between the connected devices where one device polls the other, and the other device has to acknowledge that poll. This occurs every 30 seconds, and if no response is received in 100 such polls, the interface is error-disabled.

I suggest reading the following document carefully:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/nexus-5000-series-switches/116249-troubleshoot-nexus-00.html

If shutting down and reenabling the interface resolved the problem, I recommend simply observing the interface. If the issue repeats again, it will be necessary to both check the configuration of the attached device, and likely start performing more involved troubleshooting to understand why the neighboring device does not respond to the polls sent by the switch.

Best regards,
Peter

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nazim,

The DCX stands for Data Center Extensions, and it is an extension to the LLDP protocol to negotiate additional Data Center Bridging Extensions and their features between interconnected devices. A part of the exchange is a continuous "ping" process between the connected devices where one device polls the other, and the other device has to acknowledge that poll. This occurs every 30 seconds, and if no response is received in 100 such polls, the interface is error-disabled.

I suggest reading the following document carefully:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/nexus-5000-series-switches/116249-troubleshoot-nexus-00.html

If shutting down and reenabling the interface resolved the problem, I recommend simply observing the interface. If the issue repeats again, it will be necessary to both check the configuration of the attached device, and likely start performing more involved troubleshooting to understand why the neighboring device does not respond to the polls sent by the switch.

Best regards,
Peter

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card