Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Network Assistant (CNA) 2960X Support

Christopher Holden
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Folks,

The 2960X datasheet indicates that it supports Cisco Network Assistant (CNA), but when I tried it with CNA 5.8.7 it was not compatible. The release notes for 5.8.7 did not include the 2960X as a  supported device.

CNA 5.8.7 Release Notes:

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps6406/qa_c67-577519.pdfhttp://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_network_assistant/version5_0/release/notes/OL12210a.html

Can someone confirm if CNA will have support for the 2960X series in the future and if possible provide some guidelines on timing?

Thanks,

Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wilson Bonilla
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

2960x will get CNA support for 2960X/XR in the next release; October timeframe. For now your best option is CLI.

Regards.

Wilson B

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Wilson Bonilla
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

2960x will get CNA support for 2960X/XR in the next release; October timeframe. For now your best option is CLI.

Regards.

Wilson B

Great thanks!

Chris

jenssk
Level 1
Level 1

Hey there.

Where is  the 2960XR in the new version? I have now installed version 5.8.8.1, but it does not show our new switches of a WS-C2960XR-48LPS-I, with software 15.0 (2) EX3.

In addition, I wonder if it will support wireless controller Cisco AIR-LAP1131AG-E-K9

sincerely

Jens

The 2960X (and XR) are not yet supported by CNA.

The AIR-LAP1131AG-E-K9 is listed in the version without the "L" (i.e as an autononous AP and not in lightweight mode).

See the release notes for a complete listing,

Hello Mister Marvin and thanks for the reply. I Appreciated that you spend time at me.

But the big question is when the models are supported in CNA?

Jens

You're welcome.

I know the product team monitor the Network Management Forum. If you post your question there, one of them may pick up on it.

The CNA support typically lags the new product release by about 4-6 months, sometimes longer depending on how well the hardware product release matches up with the network management product's latest release date. The 2960XR just started shipping in July 2013 so a good guess would be that CNA might support it in the next release (5.9?). That's just a guess though.

bkoch1
Level 1
Level 1

I just downloaded and installed version 5.8(9.1) and the 2960-X is now supported. The 6509-E VSS pair I have are now supported too!! I had to create communities for each campus building before, because CNA didn't like the 6509. Now, I can have one map of the entire campus!

Thank you, thank you!!

hi,

yes is true .. in the 5.8.9.1 CNA the 2960X are supported but the green -ambra leds on the

visual layout are always off (not indicate the status) is very strange but this happen.

Suggestions ?

Hello,

A late follow up to Furio's post above.  I too am experiencing the same problem with a 2960X switch whereby if the switch is viewed in the CNA Front Panel view none of the active ports show up as green.  I am using the latest CNA release - v6.0.  Does anyone have an estimate as to when or how this may be corrected?

Thank You,

Hello, i'm using CNA release - v6.1, and in front panel view i can see the active ports, but only on stand-alone switches , in stack mode i can see only active ports only on master switch.

Does anyone know if stack configuration is not supported by CNA 6.1 ?

I can't see them in stack mode either. CNA 6.2 here.

Same for this user as well. CNA v6.2 and 2960-x stacked switches.

Active Ports will only show up for the Master, but DO NOT show for the Member.

When viewed in a Browser, they show up correctly by choosing which switch to view. 

v6.2 obviously not ready for prime time either I guess?

Anyone have any ideas for an update in v6.3?? maybe??

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: