Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Nexus 3048 FAN Status Blinking

ftamiru0
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys.

I have a cisco Nexus 3048 Switch. after a sudden shut during a UPS power failure then the switch unable to start. and the FAN Status blinks a green LED. is there anyone who faces this error please, 

5 Replies 5

Jitendra Kumar
Spotlight
Spotlight

Connect the console cable with the switch and share the output. If nothing happens in the console create RMA for them.

Below is the reason for FAN Led blinking.

Fan LEDs
This table provides information about fan LEDs for Cisco Nexus 3000 Series switches.
Component LED Status Description
Solid on All diagnostics pass. The module is operational.
(green)
Fan Status
Off The module is not receiving power.
Solid on The module is booting or running diagnostics.
(amber)
If the module fails during an initial reset, the LED
continues to blink and the module does not come online.
The module has a runtime failure and is brought offline.

Thanks,
Jitendra

Thank you for your fast replay.

but yes I connected it with console. but it displays only black. there's no any movement.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

as suggested only way to find out what is wrong connecting console cable and check what is wrong ? looks for me the switch may stuck in ROMMON bootloader.

check some LED reference :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus3000/hw/installation/guide/b_n3000_hardware_install_guide/b_n3000_hardware_install_guide_appendix_01000.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

ftamiru0
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for your fast replay.

but yes I connected it with console. but it displays only black. there's no any movement. 

Turn off completly(by pulling the Power lead), wait for 10min, make sure you connected to console able to right port.

Turn on the device i am sure Nexus making good sound while booting. and also check the console output (by changing any different baud rate).

Observ in front Ethernet ports will be tested while booting, you not see anything on console and ethernet ports testing,

Still no display then Time for raise an TAC case and RMA.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card