Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Nexus 5600 LAG Groups

apereira3
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

Could you help me with an information? I'm looking for how many link agreggation groups are supported at Cisco Nexus 5600 Switches Series. I found only the maximum number of interfaces per EtherChannel buy nothing about number of link agreggation or EtherChannel groups?

Please, I will be very appreciate with any help.

Thank you!

Allyson

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Logically speaking.

If you have 48 ports Nexus Switch, you can go maximum of 48 port-channels.

same way 96 ports - 96 port-channels max.

Make Sense ?

BB

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Hi BB,

Thank you for your answer! But I already hadn't seen the total number of EtherChannel groups on this document and I looked at "Verified Scalability for Cisco Nexus 5600 Series NX-OS Release 7.0(3)N1(1)" guide and also I didn't find this information.

Allyson

Logically speaking.

If you have 48 ports Nexus Switch, you can go maximum of 48 port-channels.

same way 96 ports - 96 port-channels max.

Make Sense ?

BB

BB

Hi BB,

Sure, does make completely sense!

You have clarified my question. Thank you for your pacient and explanation.

Allyson

Glad it helped

BB

If this helps, please rate the post.

BB

Hi BB,

Related with our discussion, I was searching on the "Cisco Nexus 9300-EX and 9300-FX Platform Switches Data Sheet" document and I saw the information about 512 maximum number of port channels to the Cisco Nexus 9300-EX Platform Switches. It switches serie has 48 downlink ports and more 6 uplink ports.

What means this value of 512 port channels for this switches?

The link of this datasheet is https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/nexus-9000-series-switches/datasheet-c78-736651.html

Thank you again!

Allyson

You need to consider FEX also. read the full technical guide.

BB

BB

Hi BB,

I wasn't considering Nexus 2K (FEX) because the datasheet doesn't explain about FEX.

Only at the table 6 where we can view the "Maximum number of Cisco Nexus 2000 Series Fabric Extenders per switch", at this case, this number is 16 FEX units.

Thank you again for your support!

Allyson

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Are you asking, for the number of supported Portchannel or how many physical interfaces can be in one Portchannel?  The 5600 support 1-4096 port channels and each Portchannel can have up to 16 physical interfaces.

HTH

Hello Reza,

I think the 1-4096 range is related of PortChannels ID available to each of them that are configured. I belive that the number of link agreggation groups supported is go under of this number.

Thank you!

Allyson

Hi,

Yes, the datasheet does not specify the exact numbers for 5600 series. It just has the ID range of 1-4096

datasheet

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus5600/sw/interfaces/7x/b_5600_Interfaces_Config_Guide_Release_7x/config_port_channels.html

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: