Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Nexus 7k line card rebooting

fredareid
Level 1
Level 1

All,

We have replaced a line card in our 7k with a new line card. The old card seemed to have a rebooting issue as well. After speaking with TAC they sent us a new one. Now this new line card is rebooting ever 15 to 20 minutes.

I do not see anything in the logs that would give us any insight as to wha the prolem is. Alsothe Sofwtare on the module is mactching the other cards and they are  having no problems

Model of the module N7K-M148GT-11

I hope someone out there has expecianece (hopefully not) this issue and can shed some light.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Move the replacement card into a new slot. 

If the card still reboots, then contact TAC as you may have to get the chassis replaced.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

I have never seen the issue of only one card rebooting from the chassis, but if I were to guess that is probably a software bug that is causing the specific modules to reboot. Since replacing the card did not help, I would research and deploy a different version of Nexus OS.

HTH

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Move the replacement card into a new slot. 

If the card still reboots, then contact TAC as you may have to get the chassis replaced.

After contacting TAC we did just that. We moved the card into Slot #4. After we did this we started to get a log entry about EOBC (heart beat). This was the heart beat from the module to the SUP. So this would not reach the Sup and it would consider it down.

The module was not powering off per say, but the heart beat would be lost then regained. This would happen every 15 to 20 minutes, then eventually would power down the blade. The fix from TAC was to send out another module.

Replaced the module with another new module and we have been up for 16 hours,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card