cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Packet Tracer 7.2.1.0218. WLC-2504 dynamic interface doesn't work.

mihailsolovey
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

When I create a dynamic interface in WLC-2504 or tagged management interface, it doesn't work. Ping can't reach it.

I can only use untagged management interface and access port from the switch side. In that case, ping work.

All the tagged interfaces and trunk port on the switch side seems don't work.

Is it a bug in Cisco Packet Tracer 7.2.1.0218?

12 Replies 12

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @mihailsolovey ,

Could you attach your compressed exercise to review what you have configured so far?

Regards

Thank you for your reply.

I've attached my configuration.

You can connect to WLC 172.16.10.4 from PC3.

login: admin password:a1s2d3F4

You can log in to R1, SW1, and SW2 with username: admin password: a1s2d3

Enable secret: a1s1d3

Now the port f0/1 on SW1 configured as access port and management interface on WLC1 doesn't have a tag. 

If you change the tang on Management interface to 10 and configure f0/1 port on SW1 as trunk you will not be able to access the WLC.

Hello,

--> If you change the tang on Management interface to 10

What do you mean by this ? What are you changing in the configuration of the management interface ?

Now the management interface is in 0 VLAN. The SW1 f0/1 port is Access. If I change management VLAN to 10 and SW1 f0/1 port to trunk, nothing works.

Hello,

--> Now the management interface is in 0 VLAN. The SW1 f0/1 port is Access. If I change management VLAN to 10 and SW1 f0/1 port to trunk, nothing works.

I don't see an option on the WLC to change any management VLAN. What is VLAN 0 ? Post a screenshot of what exactly you are changing on the WLC...

Controller-Interfaces-Management 

wlc_vl.PNG

Hello,

I can ping the WLC from PC3, but cannot access the web interface. Can you send a (zipped) project file that allows HTTPS access from PC3 to the WLC ?

If you can ping, you should be able to access WLC
w.PNG

Hello,

I happened to work on a project a few days ago where management access to the WLC worked without any problems (in Packet Tracer that is). Now, I cannot even get to the web interface from a directly connected laptop in the same Vlan...

Looks like it is very buggy, I'll see if I get it to work and let you know...

Hello,

I am using the same version as you do. When I try to change the VLAN identifier to 10, then save the configuration, the change is never saved and never shows up, but jumps back to 0. So it looks like it is a bug...

Thank you.

I think it is a bug either. 

Hope Cisco monitors this forum and will be able to provide a new version of Packet Tracer 

I've made a simple lab. 

It seems it is something wrong with MAC Addresses of WLC in Packet Tracer. 

MAC addresses of management and other interfaces in WLC and on the switch are different. 

So, WLC doesn't respond to arp requests correctly.

Obviously, it is a bug.

mac.png

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco