cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime not collecting 3850 switch data since introducing RADIUS authentication

Jay_F
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, recently implemented radius authentication on a few of our cisco 3850 switches with AD, although working quite well I have since noticed that Prime is failing with 'Collection Failure' - i think this is to do with when first configured to connect into Prime they were set up with Telnet/SSH. I wonder is something being blocked now from Prime being able to connect to the 3850 switches with Radius authentication configured.

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Usually there is an 'i' icon somewhere which you can hoover over; in order to get more info about the collection failure. Also try to remove and re-add the particular switch in Prime, but issue 'verify credentials' first.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thanks yes the 'i; indicates the following:
Collection Status: A CLI authentication error occurred.
I attempted to add my test switch that has radius authentication but when I add the SSH credentials I get 'Check whether the Telnet/SSH, Telnet/SSH Enable credentials are valid'. it was all working perfectly before I added radius to the switches - other switches that are in prime (not authenticating via radius) are collecting fine.

- Then I can only assume that 'whoever'-user who is configured to log on via Radius doesn't have a sufficient privilege level on the switch to execute the needed operations.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card