Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Private VLANs DHCP Server

Hi

How do i setup an DHCP server on my 3750x, that will work with all my private vlans?

Best greetings from Christian Josiassen

26 Replies 26

Hello @ChristianSchmidtJosiassen 

TBH - I am now at a loss as to what the desired outcome of this - can you summarize what your request is please and if applicable attach a simple topology diagram to support it.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi 

All i want is two more vlans with internet access and dhcp, one i can use for lab and another for when i have friends or family to connect their pc's up to. 

Hello
So then you don't require PVLAN for this, You just require two routed vlans and an acl that denies communication between them but allows internet access for both.

I assume a FW or another device is performing your L3 routing and network translation?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi 

You're right my FW is performing L3 routing and network translation

Hello
Then you can create the DHCP scope and the two L3 vlan routed interfaces on the FW and the have the interconnection from the switch  to the FW become a trunk.
Lastly create L2 vlans on the switch that relate to the L3 routed interfaces on the FW and assign access ports to either of the two vlans..

Can you confirm what FW you have and if applicable post the current configuration of it.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi

Great how do i do that and cant i make a DHCP scope for the vlans on the switch? 

Hello

No need you create the dhcp scope where the L3 interfaces reside, confirm what FW you have, post the run config if applicable

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi

My FW is an Cisco 5512x

Hi 

Got internet access to the vlans, but can't get dhcp to work in the new vlans

Hello

Apologies not getting to you, I assume this is on the ASA?, If so have you enable dhcp on the interface for which you wish it to run-
example:
show  dhcpd state

dhcpd lease 7200

dhcpd address 10.10.10.2-10.10.10.254 vlan10
dhcpd enable vlan10

dhcpd address 10.20.20.2-10.20.20.254 vlan20
dhcpd enable vlan20
etc....

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi

It's on the cisco 3750x

Hello

All you L3 resides on the ASA not the switch so it makes sense to apply the additional dhcp scopes on the ASA.

Can you also confirm if you created the additional L3 address for the other vlans you wish to use?

Please see attached for example:

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card