cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Router and switch for home

verdas86
Level 1
Level 1

I am wondering what would be the best and inexpensive Cisco router and switch to use for my home. I want them to have the full current Cisco IOS CLI on it so I can practice and gain knowledge for my CCENT and beyond. I also want to use them for my home network so I would like to have gig ports and not fast ethernet. I don't require wifi function because I can turn my current router to AP mode and use that.

Does anyone have any suggestions for this?

3 Replies 3

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco router.  Gig ports.  

Those two, alone, is already expensive. 

What is the budget for this pipe dream?

Martin L
VIP
VIP

For CCNA level I would recommend Packet tracer from Net Academy. All classes and most of CCNA courses use PT. you can get Udemy videos and labs for PT to study and pass CCNA.  There is no CCENT exam  any longer.

Cisco Packet Tracer is a software which is free to download, however, needs registration to Netacad Networking Academy no charges associated with registration. It is essential to register since users need to sign in with the same ID when they run the simulation.

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card