Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SG200-08 features supported

jmendrinos
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I want to buy a Cisco SG200-08 managed switch in order to use it for the dedicated communication between an iSCSI storage and ESXi servers (the number of the hosted VMs will be around 10 with few I/O requirements in 2 hosts).

I need to know if this switch supports simultaneously Link aggregation (2 interfaces) with Flow Control and Jumbo Frames (9K).

Any answer or recommendation will be very useful.

Thank you,

John

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you have 1 ESXi server and 1 Iscsi storage, the ESXi server will alway use the same  vkernel interface to communicate with the storage. You will only use 1 interface in your LACP bundle.

In such a small network, why dont you configure 2 differents network on the ESXi and Storage and do MPIO?

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

dominic.caron
Level 5
Level 5

That switch support 9K frames, flowcontrol and LACP.

Thank you Dominic for the answer.

These 3 features are supported simultaneously ? Can I use LACP with Flow Control in the same interface at the same time (Some switches does not supported simultaneously Link aggregation with flow control) ?

Thank you,

John

If you have 1 ESXi server and 1 Iscsi storage, the ESXi server will alway use the same  vkernel interface to communicate with the storage. You will only use 1 interface in your LACP bundle.

In such a small network, why dont you configure 2 differents network on the ESXi and Storage and do MPIO?

My topology should be 2 ESXi servers and one iSCSI storage. Both storage and server will have 3 NICs each other. The 2 NICs will be used for the communication between storage and servers (the 3rd NIC for management).

I am thinking to aggregate the 2 interfaces of the iscsi storage with flow control and jumbo frames. The 2 NICs of ESXi servers will be either bonded or used as 2 and will be connected to the aggregated interface of the storage.

You suggest to use MPIO instead of aggregated interface in the iSCSI interface. Am I correct ?

Thank you,

John

dominic.caron
Level 5
Level 5

Yes...and to make thing better, i would use 2 switch. Esx and storage connected to both switch

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

I understand ...For redundancy..

Thank you Dominic for you answers !! (This discussion can be closed)

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card