Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SG200-08 features supported

jmendrinos
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I want to buy a Cisco SG200-08 managed switch in order to use it for the dedicated communication between an iSCSI storage and ESXi servers (the number of the hosted VMs will be around 10 with few I/O requirements in 2 hosts).

I need to know if this switch supports simultaneously Link aggregation (2 interfaces) with Flow Control and Jumbo Frames (9K).

Any answer or recommendation will be very useful.

Thank you,

John

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you have 1 ESXi server and 1 Iscsi storage, the ESXi server will alway use the same  vkernel interface to communicate with the storage. You will only use 1 interface in your LACP bundle.

In such a small network, why dont you configure 2 differents network on the ESXi and Storage and do MPIO?

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

dominic.caron
Level 5
Level 5

That switch support 9K frames, flowcontrol and LACP.

Thank you Dominic for the answer.

These 3 features are supported simultaneously ? Can I use LACP with Flow Control in the same interface at the same time (Some switches does not supported simultaneously Link aggregation with flow control) ?

Thank you,

John

If you have 1 ESXi server and 1 Iscsi storage, the ESXi server will alway use the same  vkernel interface to communicate with the storage. You will only use 1 interface in your LACP bundle.

In such a small network, why dont you configure 2 differents network on the ESXi and Storage and do MPIO?

My topology should be 2 ESXi servers and one iSCSI storage. Both storage and server will have 3 NICs each other. The 2 NICs will be used for the communication between storage and servers (the 3rd NIC for management).

I am thinking to aggregate the 2 interfaces of the iscsi storage with flow control and jumbo frames. The 2 NICs of ESXi servers will be either bonded or used as 2 and will be connected to the aggregated interface of the storage.

You suggest to use MPIO instead of aggregated interface in the iSCSI interface. Am I correct ?

Thank you,

John

dominic.caron
Level 5
Level 5

Yes...and to make thing better, i would use 2 switch. Esx and storage connected to both switch

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

I understand ...For redundancy..

Thank you Dominic for you answers !! (This discussion can be closed)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card