Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SG300 28 and RV345 VLAN Setting

saids3
Level 1
Level 1

Hell0 All –

I need your help in this configuration please.

I have setup below setting in both Firewall and Cisco Switch SG300 -  

1. Cisco Firewall RV345 set with two VLANS –
    1. VLAN1 (Default) – 192.168.1.1 – Untagged – Port 1 – 255.255.255.0 – DHCP enabled.
    2. VLAN2 10.200.20.1 – Tagged – Port 1 – 255.255.255.0 – DHCP enabled.
  2. Cisco (L3) Switch SG300 28 POE+ 
    1. VLAN1 (Default) – 192.168.1.1 – Extended – All The Ports except Port GE5 –
    2. VLAN2 (NEW VLAN Created) – 10.200.20.0 – Untagged – Access Mode – Assigned Port GE5 –
  • Usually the routing in Cisco Switch SG300 is happening automatically once I connected any devices –
  • My issue is I’m not able to get internet connection from GE5 if I connect a PC or WiFi Access Point? I can Ping 10.200.20.1 - 
  • I'm not sure if I need Static Routing in Firewall RV345? and How can be done or what would be the Destination IP and Next Hop and also the Interface? 

I would appreciated the support in this case???

Thanks –

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

from what you are saying it looks like you have the same IP addresses and IP address space on both devices ? One (preferably the SG300) needs to be in layer 2 mode for your setup to work, and the link to the RV345 needs to be a trunk link...

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hello,

from what you are saying it looks like you have the same IP addresses and IP address space on both devices ? One (preferably the SG300) needs to be in layer 2 mode for your setup to work, and the link to the RV345 needs to be a trunk link...

Thank you for the reply 

The link between switch and RV345 in "Trunk Mode" I have changed and still not getting IP or internet connect - 

I dont know about the L3/ or L2 - if going to make any different - because mostly recommended to be in L3

Hello,

make the SG300 a layer 2 device and check if the machines connnected to GigabitEthernet5 are getting IP addresses...

Thank you for the reply - 

I returned the switch to L2, unfortunately didn't work! 

I'm still stuck and unable to have the second VLAN is working - If anyone would illustrate the right way to do this from CISCO? please. 

Here is some information about if the switch should be in L3 or L2. 

https://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/72048-enable-inter-vlan-routing-with-cisco-sg-series-smb-layer-3-switches

Issue Resolved - Appreciated Team.

How did you fix it ? Were you able to keep the switch in L3 and NAT the VLAN internet traffic on the RV345 ?
I am looking to buy SG350 and still searching for an affordable router to make me able to get internet access for all the VLANs I want.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card