cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SG300 vs SG350

Patrick K.
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for a L3 POE+ switch and come across the SG300-10PP and the SG350-10P

Both are L3 and support 802.3at POE+ with max 62w.  The SG350 is newer and cost 60% more than the SG300.  Can someone explain the difference between the 2 series please?  Thank you very much.

12 Replies 12

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There much higher performance in hardware mpps , here is the data sheets that show the diff specs between them

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/small-business-smart-switches/data_sheet_c78-610061.html

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/small-business-smart-switches/data-sheet-c78-737359.html

Both switches have same capacity in term of mpps and Gbps (see below).  Can you tell the difference between the 2 switches (or series) please?  Thank you.

SG300

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/small-business-smart-switches/data_sheet_c78-610061.html

Model Name

Capacity in Millions of Packets per Second (mpps) (64-byte packets)

Switching Capacity in Gigabits per Second (Gbps)

SG300-10PP

SG350

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/small-business-smart-switches/data-sheet-c78-737359.html

Capacity in Millions of Packets per Second (mpps) (64-byte packets)

Switching Capacity in Gigabits per Second (Gbps)

SG350-10P

sorry misread that was looking at 2 diff models in those sheet , any differences will be in those docs there the release sheets by Cisco for each model in the series , I can see differences in hardware specs looking through both docs

Mark, I appreciate your help.  :)

Cisco needs to clarify the position of both series to reduce customers confusion.  Cisco marketing representative should answer this.

Edit: Just talk to the Cisco Rep in chat, and they haven't been able to provide any info (e.g. marketing position of the 2 series).  Cisco really needs to help the field on the positioning of the 2 series.

I'm looking at buying either the SG300 or SG350 as well.  Did you ever get a response from Cisco?

There are some differences if you look through the data sheets and compare them, a rather tedious process I know.

The SG350 can be powered by PoE is one advange.

QoS seems to be 8 hardware queues instead of 4:

Priority levels

8 hardware queues

There is also 60w Maximum of PoE power per port in the 350, the 300 only dishes out 30w:

"Maximum power of 60W to any 10/100 or Gigabit Ethernet port for PoE+ supported devices and 15.4W for PoE supported devices"

The flash and CPU memory in the SG350 are double the SG300 on both counts:

Flash

32 MB

CPU memory

256 MB

The packet buffers are also 4Mb larger on the SG350:

SG350-10

12Mb

If the cost is the same, go for the SG350 as its a no brainer but if it costs more, it will depend on if you feel its worth the extra features.

Thanks

One of the most valuated Specs for me is the supported SFLOW, and you can begin to play with NetFlow Collectors and monitor your Networks as we did with Catalyst and higher models of other brands... Nowadays is important to get control nor only in GW, inside the LAN too. ;-) 

I usually find out about new Cisco products when I'm studying for my next cert.  It usually ends with me saying "holy crap, that exists!? does anyone else know about this?"

We own about 5 of the SG300-52's for our small office.  I just found out about the SG350 series today.  Had no idea, clearly another Cisco marketing fail.  Thank goodness for my test studies and Cisco forums.

Anyways, I want to do IPv6 VLAN routing.  I don't want to swap out our primary SG300 for a 3560 if an SG350 will do it.

Anyone know?

divanko
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco SG350-28P and you can find more info on the mpps here: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/small-business-smart-switches/data-sheet-c78-737359.html

There are differences in the CLI, especially when it comes to changing the management VLAN on the SG350 vs SG300.  I could not find documentation on how to change the management VLAN on the SG350, so I figured it out on my own using the CLI.

Hi, Bro I am facing lot of problems in configuration of vlans in sg350. Vlan created in the router are not communicating via the switch ports. Tried alot. Can you help me out. I bought 6 switches and I am stuck with it

izzyfanto
Level 1
Level 1

@Patrick K. wrote:

I am looking for a L3 POE+ switch and come across the SG300-10PP and the SG350-10P

Both are L3 and support 802.3at POE+ with max 62w.  The SG350 is newer and cost 60% more than the SG300.  Can someone explain the difference between the 2 series please?  Thank you very much.

The 350's support stacking, while the 300's don't

Well the stacking is for X models, so not only 350 you should consider 350X or 500X for stack models...

But there’s an spec for 350 over 300 that is a best in class, the S-Flow support for paquet analisis...

Sincerely.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card