cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SG350 switch issue

jayadev13
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using one of my SG350 switches as a WAN switch where 2 of the ISPs terminate in my switch in 2 SFP ports.

I'm using this switch only as L2 where i am getting uplinks for the ISPs and giving down links to a pair of Juniper firewalls in HA mode.

I only have 2 vlans configured and allocated each vlan to an ISP.

However when i ping any public IP i am getting periodic drops (1 drop for every 20 pings). When i directly connect my laptop to the same vlan configured statically with a Public IP from the pool, i dont see a single drop from my laptop.

I have also upgraded the switch to the latest firmware

I dont see any configuration issue. What might be wrong? 

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This switch acting pure Layer2 i do not see any issue here in the config ( may be try reset to factory keep Layer 2 only and test it).

When i directly connect my laptop to the same vlan configured statically with a Public IP from the pool, i dont see a single drop from my laptop.

Can you please clarify with the above statement? is this device connected to the switch?

the ping results you posted every 20ping 1 Loss, what device, what part of the network? (they behind Juniper device ) - what IP address that time while pinging to 8.8.8.8, what is the status of pinging own gateway of the device?

Do you see any mismatch of speed on the interface?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

This switch acting pure Layer2 i do not see any issue here in the config ( may be try reset to factory keep Layer 2 only and test it).

I did a factory reset as well and upgraded the firmware to latest image. 

the ping results you posted every 20ping 1 Loss, what device, what part of the network?

This is the LAN behind our Juniper HA firewalls.

We are given 6 Public IPs by the ISPs. 1 IP was configured on the HA firewalls public facing interface. The other IP, i configured in my laptop and connected to a port member of vlan5 to check whether there are any drops. When connected directly i did not see any drops.

Do you see any mismatch of speed on the interface?

There was no speed or duplex mismatch.

We are given 6 Public IPs by the ISPs. 1 IP was configured on the HA firewalls public facing interface. The other IP, i configured in my laptop and connected to a port member of vlan5 to check whether there are any drops. When connected directly i did not see any drops.

As per the information you have connected to Switch and tested, i do not see a high level there is no ping drops from Switch point of view and config.

So the investigation required Juniper FW side. This more of (i think for now is config issue at SRX FW)  - been a long time worked in SRX

Look below thread may help you :

https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB28175

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello,

--> However when i ping any public IP i am getting periodic drops (1 drop for every 20 pings). When i directly connect my laptop to the same vlan configured statically with a Public IP from the pool, i dont see a single drop from my laptop.

It is still unclear what your setup is when you see the ping drops. Do you see the drops when you bypass the SG350 altogether ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: